Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS use in heave corner area's

2 posters

Go down

DS use in heave corner area's Empty DS use in heave corner area's

Post  CaribCruiser Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:25 pm

Hello all.
I have been away from this forum for many years due to not riding caused by health issues.
Back on the bike, but things have schanged. Went from a VTX 1300 with a 225 tire to a HD,
Ultra Classic 1996.

Need help from those who ride a lot in areas with a lot of corners, hairpins, since in the past
I used to liv on a small island, now, still living there but having my bike in the US and doing
long trips, and man, i love the mountains and the hairpins.

So long story short, is the CT also a good, better choice for riding a lot on these roads?

Thx in advance, stay safe.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

DS use in heave corner area's Empty Re: DS use in heave corner area's

Post  Mad Meteor Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:07 pm

A CT will wear out faster than a MT on a steady diet of corners but if you are riding with a mix of touring and corners than you might not notice any difference in wear rate. If you are doing a lot of highway riding a CT will definitely last longer than a MT. As far as handling, a CT and a MT have different feels and require different inputs but that is not downside to the use of a CT. It just feels different than a MT. One soon gets used to the difference and it becomes a non-issue very quickly. Use what ever tire you like. I don't believe that there is a great difference between CT's when used on a motorcycle.
Mad Meteor
Mad Meteor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down