Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Darkside Bridgestone

5 posters

Go down

New Darkside Bridgestone Empty New Darkside Bridgestone

Post  RunsWithBeer Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:48 pm

New to the DARDSIDE ordered my tire today and set up with a shop to mount. I get the tire Mon or Tue. 195/55R16 Bridgestone Driveguard Run Flat. Can anyone tell me what pressure to start at? Thanks Cheers
RunsWithBeer
RunsWithBeer

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-10-17

Back to top Go down

New Darkside Bridgestone Empty Re: New Darkside Bridgestone

Post  Doc Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 pm

I run 30psi in the Michelin Alpin PA3 RF on my Goldwing.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  rossmond Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:40 am

I'd start at 35(hot),also the tire needs up to 1000 miles to break in, a few psi can make a lot of dif.You want to be in between tracking (too high) and wallowing (too soft) to hit sweet spot. Good luck.
rossmond
rossmond

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2014-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RunsWithBeer Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:19 pm

Got the tire early Sat mornings mounted with Dyna Beads back on bike today started with 35 PSI.
Ride Safe
Tex
RunsWithBeer
RunsWithBeer

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:14 am

I've run a couple of different tires on my Cross Country - with not much great luck on mileage. Not sure what bike you're riding.

I've run a Kumho SPT 195/55-16KU31 Run flat at 38 psi. Only got about 9k miles out of it before it was done. Wore a little more in the center than the edge...not much.

Switched to a Bridgestone Protenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT at 36 psi. Only got about 8.5k miles out of it. I dropped it to 32 psi for the final 2k miles. Wore a little more in the center than the edges....a little less than the Kumho.

Currently running a Goodyear Excellence Run Flat at 30 psi. Rides fine at that pressure. Hoping to get more even wear out of it...and hopefully some better mileage with some easing up on acceleration and less power braking.

Up front, I'm running the BT-45 Battlax. I've got over 15k on it, and it looks as if it might run another 10k or so. That's obviously working out very well so far.

Happy riding.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  RunsWithBeer Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:33 am

Thanks Skull
I don't know why my signature did not post.
2014 CCT I will watch the tire and adjust the pressure. I did about 60 miles yesterday and it felt good.
Ride Safe Cheers
TEX
RunsWithBeer
RunsWithBeer

Back to top Go down

Post  drnoleak Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Seriously disappointed. 13,000 miles and I am to the wear bars on the Bridgestone Pole Position RF. 32PSI cold

drnoleak

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:32 am

I can relate a little. I got only about 8k out of the first two tires I tried. I was engine braking and jackrabbit starting too much. Current tire is looking to last much longer since I've worked on breaking those bad habits. I think I'll see 20k or so.

My guess is that, even with only 13k out of a tire, you're still money ahead of where you would have been having purchased a bike tire? If you like the way your bike handles, you saved money, and you still got about the same mileage out of the car tire, perhaps it's not a waste.

MAYBE...like I did, you can look at your riding style and find a way to help conserve the rubber. Maybe not. Just a thought.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down