Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT

+2
fourrottendogs
skullsession
6 posters

Go down

Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT Empty Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT

Post  skullsession Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:21 am

Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT IMG_2983

Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT IMG_2984

With not getting more than 8,000 miles on a Kumho run flat, I've decided to give this one a shot.
skullsession
skullsession

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT Empty Re: Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT

Post  fourrottendogs Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:58 pm

so how is the new tire working out ? hope you can ride more where you are at than I can in ohio it sucks only got 1400 on my cross country this year
fourrottendogs
fourrottendogs

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-04-24

Back to top Go down

Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT Empty Re: Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT

Post  skullsession Mon May 05, 2014 8:04 am

So far, so good. Nice feeling tire. I'm running 34 psi with this one. I just returned from a 2,400 mile trip to the Davis mountains, Big Bend, and 3 days in the Texas hill country. This tire is certainly broken in at this point. It handled it all well....from high-speed, long distances to the tight curvy stuff...nice tire.

No complaints. I just need to see how the longevity is with this one.
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  drnoleak Tue May 20, 2014 10:12 am

I have about 5k on the same tire on a Vision. For the most part, it is great.

drnoleak

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Wed May 21, 2014 7:26 am

What air pressure did you settle on with this tire and the Vision?
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  drnoleak Mon May 26, 2014 4:52 pm

32 PSI

drnoleak

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Wed May 28, 2014 8:28 am

Cool...thx. I'm living at about 34, but I've ridden at 32 and it seemed fine there too.
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  drnoleak Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:19 pm

13,000 on my Vision and I am to the wear bars. Seriously disappointed. 32PSI cold

drnoleak

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:14 pm

drnoleak wrote:13,000 on my Vision and I am to the wear bars. Seriously disappointed. 32PSI cold

On my Goldwing that is still about 5000 more than I get from a Motorcycle tire and about what I got with my first Michelin Alpin.
I ran about 34psi in it and it mostly wore in the center, this second Michelin is running about 30 psi.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:20 am

drnoleak wrote:13,000 on my Vision and I am to the wear bars. Seriously disappointed. 32PSI cold

Well...that's abut 5k more than I got out of this particular tire. I share your frustration.

I switched to a Goodyear Excellence ROF and I seem to be getting better mileage. But I also stopped with all the engine braking and jackrabbit starts...we'll see how this one ends up.

But whatever...either way, I like the ride and the price is still better than a MT.
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  drnoleak Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:04 pm

Installed a Michelin Alpin. We shall see.

drnoleak

Back to top Go down

Post  Dos Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:32 am

skullsession wrote:

Well...that's abut 5k more than I got out of this particular tire.  I share your frustration.

I switched to a Goodyear Excellence ROF and I seem to be getting better mileage.  But I also stopped with all the engine braking and jackrabbit starts...we'll see how this one ends up.

But whatever...either way, I like the ride and the price is still better than a MT.

Hi there. New 2013 XC owner here. Got the bike in March of last year and so far almost 10,000 on the original Dunlops. Thinking about going with a car tire next. What size do I need to get for the XC? I ride a lot with the GF that is on the heavy side (260+) Yes, I like chunky.

I have always think that car tires have better technology than motorcycle tires, the threads are deeper and seems like better for wet riding. (lots of rain here in Houston). I dont drive a car so my two bikes are my only mode of transportation.

Thank you very much.
Dos
Dos

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-02-21

Back to top Go down

Victory XC - Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT Empty Bridgestone

Post  OHRider Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:45 pm

I have been running a Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid 185/55R16 at 40 PSI on my 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, which they do not make anymore, I currently have 16,000 on it but I am expecting to get another 9k out of it. I am starting to shop for a new tire as it will not be long before I hit 25k with that tire. but it seems that everyone is getting a 195 to fit on to the Cross Country Tour. I was wondering if the 195/55R16 really fits as the 185 looks tight and what back tire are you putting on the front? I am tired of the front tire not lasting. thanks OHRIDER
OHRider
OHRider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:15 pm

I'm on my third 195/55-16. Works fine.

I'm running the Bridgestone Battlax BT-45, 130/70-18 on front. I just changed it out a week ago with 20,581 miles on it. I could have easily got another 5k out of it in the center...but the sides were starting to get down to about 1/16". Didn't want to get greedy. This is the first time I've ever changed out a front tire and had a lot more tread in the middle than on the edges.
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  skullsession Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:21 pm

Dos wrote:

Hi there. New 2013 XC owner here. Got the bike in March of last year and so far almost 10,000 on the original Dunlops. Thinking about going with a car tire next. What size do I need to get for the XC? I ride a lot with the GF that is on the heavy side (260+) Yes, I like chunky.

I have always think that car tires have better technology than motorcycle tires, the threads are deeper and seems like better for wet riding. (lots of rain here in Houston). I dont drive a car so my two bikes are my only mode of transportation.

Thank you very much.

I'm in the Houston/Katy area. I run a 195/55-16. I believe that you'll find that your bike will not even blink at wet roads. I ride in the rain often...quite shocking at how much more confidence I have in traction.

If you're looking for a Houston area shop that will mount car tires without question, check with Noe Martinez at http://www.noemtz.com/ He's in Katy. He's also a fantastic source for most things Victory. I don't even mess with the dealers for service or repair....Noe's the guy in this area, for sure.
skullsession
skullsession

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down