Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire

+11
Dudester60
yabiah
vtxreaper
mikeyrx
ToMang07
johnc486
Larry Simpson
Oldsmobility
jedishon
quadancer
Strato Troop
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire

Post  quadancer Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:19 pm

That looks like a great bike tire for steer in the sweepers - but 500s? I wonder what profile and section width that thing has? I'm thinking about the Coker 500r16, which is about 6-1/2" wide I think, that some are using on the back. I wonder where these numbers come from like this.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire - Page 2 Empty metz

Post  just wondering Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 pm

Oldsmobility wrote:I've been wanting to go to a Metzeler in the front, but some guy just last week tells me that they're no good in the rain. This was the first time I'd heard anything negative on the Metzelers. Is there any merit to what he was saying?

I've only had experience with Bridgestone and the Maxxis tires that came on my bike, and both got the job done fine for me. The only complaint I have is the Bridgestone's tend to scallop a lot.
[b] I run 880 metz tires and never had a problem in the rain and I have been soaked alot this year

just wondering

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire - Page 2 Empty Re: Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire

Post  quadancer Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:27 pm

Yeah, but the question should also be "how do you ride" - ANY tire can roll around in the rain. I think when discussing wet abilities of a tire, cornering and braking are paramount and germaine to the discussion. If a tire is gonna slip, you'd better believe I'll find out. I have some sorta knack for that... tongue
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  CaribCruiser Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Although I want to give it a try within the near future with a double dark, I don't think
you can go wrong with the Metzeler.
Have a good (biking) weekend.
Robert.
CaribCruiser
CaribCruiser

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:10 am

Again, I'm thinking (and bookmarking) of the tire Dudester posted on the first page - Avon is used by many performance riders, not for longevity of course,
but for traction ---so, in essence, using the Avon rear would give you both. At $145 base price, I certainly hope so.
That thing looks like it would grip on snot.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire - Page 2 Empty Left side wear 2003 wing what to do!

Post  rockinrobin Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 pm

vtxreaper wrote:Hey Jedishon, What size tire did you use for the front. That Avon Roadtec rear will be my next tire. I just put on a Shinko front for the low price. The tire rides fine, but I have that left side wear issue with my fronts. I will be lucky if I get 5000 miles out of the Shinko front I have on now.
I am hoping the harder rear compound will make a difference..
And the size is????????????

REAPS
time for a new front tire for my wing, left side wear is outrageous, any solutions?
rockinrobin
rockinrobin

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

Recommended Front Tire to run with Rear Car Tire - Page 2 Empty 15K out of a Dunlop!

Post  Caballo Loco Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I just got15K out of a ww Dunlop that I purchased at HDL.
My stock tire was wearing bad on the left side with the TP recommended from Honda(gone at 7500miles). I rised the pressure to 38psi on my new Dunny and, voila! There she is! 15K miles and only touching the minimum tread mark.
The ride is a little bumpy at that pressure, but, with that mileage...who cares!
Of course there is always a little more wear on the left side of the tire, but I don't know how to avoid that. Maybe I go to England and ride there for a while Idea
Just my 2cents
Caballo Loco
2007 VTX 1800

Caballo Loco

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:55 pm

[quote="yabiah"]
quadancer wrote:
Quad, why the rear used as a front?
Thicker rubber, which should have delivered more mileage, but didn't. What to expect for $80? Lost my maintenance log on it; maybe technically worn out at
8K? Somewhere around that. Great gripper, smooth.
I'm going to a Shinko 777 next, front tire, because of low bucks and too many bills. Reviews say it's great for heavy Harleys. $82 to my door, 3 days shipping, Motorcycle
Superstore. I like the tread on it too, more like a sport touring.
quadancer
quadancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Caballo Loco Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:42 am

Too bad they don't have it in 17 reem for the 2007 VTX 1800 T Sad

Caballo Loco

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2