Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Tire

4 posters

Go down

Front Tire Empty Front Tire

Post  zanidoy Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:00 am

I was curious if the Darkside worked for the front tire as well? I have only seen the idea mentioned a couple of times and was curious what your take on the front tire was?

zanidoy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Front Tire Empty Re: Front Tire

Post  jedishon Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Darkside front means you put a rear motorcycle tire on the front of your bike. The thought is twice the thread, twice the mileage.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Breeze Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:49 pm

I am using a dual sport rear tire on the front of my bike and I love it. I think it handles as good or better than the front tire that was on it. Guys are getting 28,000 miles out of them Front Tire Fyyifik
Breeze
Breeze

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Front Tire Empty Doulbe dark side on Road Star Ultra

Post  Andy1602 Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:37 pm

I have been running a 150/80-16 Dunlop Elite in the front. Road Stars call for a 130/90-16 in the front. A 150 is all that will go in the fender without mods. Toyo 195/55-16 in the rear with no mods. I would recommend that you change to tire direction in the front every 5-6k so the front won't start cupping. Mine is and easy to do with dual calipers in the front. Just unbolt and turn around. I do it every oil change. I had no problem so far. I can post a few pictures when my 7 days are up. New here to this forum. I am on Running the Darkside Delphi forums, Facebook running darkside and the road star riders. Ultrastar forums also.
Andy

Andy1602

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down