Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Rally in Mt. Ida, Arkansas

+13
Mikesvtx
Steve-O
battoo
kermit
Badmoon
Muntz
smokey2255
DarkFury
PopsVTX
jedishon
cerooth
twin1300
Toasted_311
17 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

April Rally in Mt. Ida,  Arkansas - Page 2 Empty Re: April Rally in Mt. Ida, Arkansas

Post  DarkFury Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:57 pm

I am going to mark the dates on my Calendar at work. Anyone riding 2 up or will it be just a guy weekend?
DarkFury
DarkFury

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

April Rally in Mt. Ida,  Arkansas - Page 2 Empty Re: April Rally in Mt. Ida, Arkansas

Post  PopsVTX Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Dates marked on my work calendar as well. 2-up or just guys makes no difference to me. I would like to know before hand though just in case I have to find new excuses for slipping away for the weekend. Already taking off (alone) for opening day of baseball season in Arlington.

Motels or camping is my other concern. Don't remember seeing a definite location either. I will be patient; sure all questions will be answered in due time.
PopsVTX
PopsVTX

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:48 pm

I am coming 2 up whether my son or wife is undecided as of yet. There are just some things in life the boy needs to miss school for. Like a perfect spring day for fishing. Or a day in the woods, so why not a rally.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:51 am

If things work out, which I am hopeful they will, I will be there. Which means: no, I am not riding two up and no, it will not be a just guys thing if I show up. Cool
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:31 pm

April Rally guys,

Still working on a shirt for the rally, I will probably be only a one color shirt. I got the design laid out. I will see if I can put it up and do the final drawing later, just so you guys can see.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:45 am

I heard thru the grape vine......We got some new data coming about the rally????????????? Shocked

I'm waiting!!!!!!!

.......................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:42 pm

Talked to a guy here in Louisiana named "Bad Moon". He's going to try to help us with some data. He has knowledge of the area to help us.

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:15 pm

Wish I could go with yall but I'm saving all my off time for the baby.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:01 pm

Well guys I stepped in it good this time. I told Twin1300 that I would do some checking. I have kin folk up there covering from Waldron, Mena, DeQueen, MT Ida and Hot springs. Even got Kin in OK, but I dont usually tell too many people tho. Ha ha.

What I can do is check with them around Lake Ouachita and they get special treatment / deals ect. Buisness relationships. What I need to know is who wants to go and how you want to stay when there. I am going to start a new thread for this info. Would love to hook up and put some faces to these crazy-a$$ names.

Peace Yall
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:58 am

I asked Steve if he'd like to go 2-up and he said only if he drives. So, that's out for me. Very Happy
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  battoo Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:58 pm

Is this still a GO and if so what are the accomadations and ideas
battoo
battoo

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:37 am

I can't do the rally, but I might ride up there with a group of Texans on my way to Little Rock. I'm already scheduled to see my dad that weekend.....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:44 pm

battoo wrote:Is this still a GO and if so what are the accomadations and ideas

It's still a go. Right now it's best to find you're own hotel/motel since I couldn't find anything that please everyone.

We can all stay in the same motel/hotel area and we'll have rides planned and such. Just pick your hotel/motel on your budget.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 am

Someone from that area has to know of some mom and pop places we could rent out huh?????? Would like it if we all could stay at the same place and I personally prefer the smaller out of the way joints. JMHO

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:15 am

Tell me the specific little town we need to stay in and I will go ahead and book mine???????

..........bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Some one kick me in my !@# and remind me to call my people. Sorry yall. I will get it done. Been kinda weird around here lately. Not an excuse but someone needs give me a kick in the butt.
My bad.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:06 am

KicK!!!!!!!!!!!!! You feel that.....it's me. Twisted Evil

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:40 am

Same here...been odd with too much different things going on.

Thanks Badmoon. You da man.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:36 pm

twin1300 wrote:KicK!!!!!!!!!!!!! You feel that.....it's me. Twisted Evil

+1 ............. (( pointing finger at Twin))

He did it. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Here is a web sitehttp://www.mtidachamber.com/yp_lodging_copy.htm to help some of yall that are looking for some options for a place to stay. Very nice, quiet area in the world. I am still looking for somemore campers for rent at the local campgrounds.

Mt Ida is smack dab in the middle between Mena and Hot Springs. Lots of nice roads and Great Scenery. Yall should be careful as the area is so beautiful you might just end up sitting out and looking at the lake or what not and not riding. Just kidding but it is just beautiful.

http://www.mtidachamber.com/yp_lodging_copy.htm

Hope this helps yall.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Alright Ladies and Germs.

Badmoon has proposed the town of Mt. Ida. I say we call it done! It looks good to me and we just need to check on reservations and make sure all's not taken for that weekend........."the Rally of the Darksides". Catchy huh? I am game if you guys and gals are. It's a good as any place to me. Hey, as long as we can be close together with great restaurants as badmoon says they are, plus great riding....How can it be bad??????

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:21 pm

I am putting in calls and emails to get rates for the date of our Rally. It does look promising!!!!!!! Click the link that badmoon posted and check out the area thru all it's got. Nice, but I don't have any prices yet? I am asking for some group rates.

http://www.mtidachamber.com/yp_lodging_copy.htm

..............bobby

ps....they even got a "Twin's Doughnuts".....the place can't be all bad!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:10 pm

http://www.mtidacrystalinn.com/

I think this will work well. 19 units...1 sleeps 5, 1 sleeps 6 and the rest are a mix of 2-4.

Smaller units $49 and bigger unit $59.

I talked to Elizabeth and told her I was with a VTX group. Don't know why i didn't say Darkside...but anyways...this sound good?
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Toasted_311 wrote:http://www.mtidacrystalinn.com/

I think this will work well. 19 units...1 sleeps 5, 1 sleeps 6 and the rest are a mix of 2-4.

I talked to Elizabeth and told her I was with a VTX group. Don't know why i didn't say Darkside...but anyways...this sound good?

Does this place have open vacancies for our weekend??????

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:44 pm

twin1300 wrote:
Toasted_311 wrote:http://www.mtidacrystalinn.com/

Does this place have open vacancies for our weekend??????

Yep, I called a few minutes ago. She said we need to book soon since that's spring break...but even if we only need a few of the rooms we're golden. Those 2 rooms sleep 11...but I know I don't want to share a bed..unless it's my wife. Wink
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next