Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Rally in Mt. Ida, Arkansas

+13
Mikesvtx
Steve-O
battoo
kermit
Badmoon
Muntz
smokey2255
DarkFury
PopsVTX
jedishon
cerooth
twin1300
Toasted_311
17 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

April Rally in Mt. Ida,  Arkansas Empty April Rally in Mt. Ida, Arkansas

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:49 am

Ok, I was thinking about putting together some sort of rally for Xers from Arkansas, Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, TN etc to take place in or near Mena/Hot Springs Arkansas one 3 day weekend(Friday-Sun) in April.

Just trying to judge general interest in an event. Just got back from a wonderful rally in Texas and it was a family type thing, planned ride, cook out, pizza night, raffle etc.

Find a good camp ground with a mix of cabins/rv spots and tent areas is what I thinking. Near a lake would be good.

Nothing buck wild, just good fun but kinda away from the beaten path as not to draw any nosy townfolk/moochers or LEOs.

Ideas or thoughts?
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

April Rally in Mt. Ida,  Arkansas Empty Re: April Rally in Mt. Ida, Arkansas

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:51 am

What do ya'll think? I've been there before and all the roads leading to it and around it are good. It is a dry county so we'd have to bring our own if we wanted any.

Oh and the dates are April 17-20th. Very Happy

As of right now still looking for a cheaper place than Mountain Harbor.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:20 am

Hey fellows,

You know I'm in. Just need to hammer dates down so I can put them in at work, so they can't stop me. I'll do what I can, but I am limited on where. Don't know that much about Littlerock. I have been up Hwy. 7 though in a car 20 years ago.

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:28 am

Twin...dates are set still. April 17-20th. Fun won't start until the 18th but get there a day early and be ready for Friday morning. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:17 am

Mena would be good, just hard to tell who would be going to block off any rooms. Eureka Springs would be another good spot to head to, and shouldn't have that much of an issue finding decent prices for around there either.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:21 am

Do any of you camp? That's what we do. We usually go out for breakfast, get a lunch special somewhere and then buy cheese, bread, fruit, beer to eat at the campsite. That way we don't have to bring any cooking stuff. It's a great way to travel on the cheap. It also came in handy when we got lost in WV for 3 days. That was the best trip we've taken!

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:23 am

cerooth wrote:Mena would be good, just hard to tell who would be going to block off any rooms. Eureka Springs would be another good spot to head to, and shouldn't have that much of an issue finding decent prices for around there either.

Hey, since it sounds like you got experience with the area....contact toasted (JOE) and you guys get together to get us something good. We could use all the help we can get.

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:39 am

by twin1300 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:23 am

cerooth wrote:
Mena would be good, just hard to tell who would be going to block off any rooms. Eureka Springs would be another good spot to head to, and shouldn't have that much of an issue finding decent prices for around there either.

Hey, since it sounds like you got experience with the area....contact toasted (JOE) and you guys get together to get us something good. We could use all the help we can get.

.................bobby

We had talked about Mena before, but ended up looking for a larger place to try and put everyone under a roof for at least one setting. That's when Mountain Harbor came into play, and I think the price scared people off or at least made them concerned. No I'm almost willing to say we try to find a hotel/motel and see if we can just rent the place out. What a Face As for the date, for what we were shooting for I will be loading up to move to Phoenix the last weekend in April.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:43 am

cerooth wrote:
by twin1300 on Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:23 am

cerooth wrote:

.................bobby

We had talked about Mena before, but ended up looking for a larger place to try and put everyone under a roof for at least one setting. That's when Mountain Harbor came into play, and I think the price scared people off or at least made them concerned. No I'm almost willing to say we try to find a hotel/motel and see if we can just rent the place out. What a Face As for the date, for what we were shooting for I will be loading up to move to Phoenix the last weekend in April.

Yeah, as of right now the dates are the weekend before you're planning to move...17-20th.

And I totally agree with the idea of getting a small hotel/motel....that's perfectly fine with me and I'm sure most others.

My only issue right now is checking out the joint(s)...work and her being pregnant is putting a crimp in me riding 180 miles one way to check out a few places and being back at a decent hour....that and right now a 360+ mile ride in the 30/40s isn't something I really want to do.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:11 am

I'll check around with some friends of mine who's bee up to Eureka Springs and see what they ahve to say about the place and see if I can find/get any pics of their trip up there. It's a weekend trip if I head up there, but warmer weather would defilenty be prefered. I know Queen Wilhelmina (Mena, AK) is a good place and very biker friendly and some great riding around there, but the rooms are between $65-$115 a night. Don't remeber if we could get a discount for a large group but I have no clue on how many would attend. Last time I went my club took a nice ride down to Hot Springs when they were having a festival of some sorts.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:17 pm

shebear wrote:Do any of you camp? That's what we do. We usually go out for breakfast, get a lunch special somewhere and then buy cheese, bread, fruit, beer to eat at the campsite. That way we don't have to bring any cooking stuff. It's a great way to travel on the cheap. It also came in handy when we got lost in WV for 3 days. That was the best trip we've taken!

Shebear you animal.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:19 pm

jedishon wrote:
shebear wrote:Do any of you camp? That's what we do. We usually go out for breakfast, get a lunch special somewhere and then buy cheese, bread, fruit, beer to eat at the campsite. That way we don't have to bring any cooking stuff. It's a great way to travel on the cheap. It also came in handy when we got lost in WV for 3 days. That was the best trip we've taken!

Shebear you animal.

Like, man, where do ya think bears live! April Rally in Mt. Ida,  Arkansas 1115

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:26 pm

shebear wrote:
jedishon wrote:

Shebear you animal.

I would say anywhere they want to.
And sorry I missed it but happy belated birthday. Did hebear get you everything you wanted.
Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:59 pm

jedishon wrote:
shebear wrote:
jedishon wrote:

Shebear you animal.

I would say anywhere they want to.
And sorry I missed it but happy belated birthday. Did hebear get you everything you wanted.
Jerry

Question Question Question Idea lol! I couldn't figure out why you thought it was my birthday until I looked at my info on the right side. The date is my join date for the forum. I wonder though, could I trick him into thinking it was my birthday and he forgot? scratch I doubt it since his birthday is 17 days after mine. We celebrate our birthdays for 17 days, but don't usually do gifts. This Christmas we're doing gifts, and not only do I not know what to get him, I can't think of anything I want. We may decide to skip gifts again this year! Hebear says hi!

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:28 am

Shebear; my bad. Dont know what I was thinking, but when I'm late I'm really late.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:40 am

jedishon wrote:Shebear; my bad. Dont know what I was thinking, but when I'm late I'm really late.

Don't feel bad about being late. It's been over 20 years since I sent a Christmas card. Now that's late! Embarassed Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:48 am

shebear wrote:
jedishon wrote:Shebear; my bad. Dont know what I was thinking, but when I'm late I'm really late.

Don't feel bad about being late. It's been over 20 years since I sent a Christmas card. Now that's late! Embarassed Very Happy

Then have a Merry Christmas. (your cards in the mail) ((oops I might have forgot to stamp it))
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:54 am

Hey.......Happy Belated Birthday....my friend.
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:42 pm

I did talk to my buddy about Eureka Springs and he loved it up there. I'm waiting for any pics he has and to see if he can remember just where he stayed when he went up there.

I guess we could always ask on the AK board for any help since they've probably been around there a time or two and can bring in some pics of the place as well.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  PopsVTX Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:01 pm

Unless I am missing something there haven't been a lot of riders throwing their hat in for the proposed ride. Let me throw mine in right now. Mena is close and been wanting to go to Eureka Springs if that is the final choice. Only thing that might get in the way is our annual spring inventory around that time but will post my name for that weekend off now and hope for the best. Will be checking back to see how this progresses and hope a bunch more people will want to get together.
PopsVTX
PopsVTX

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:13 pm

I'd love to go but I have to keep the month of April clear. I have more heart tests scheduled then and if there isn't a significant improvement, I will be having heart surgery. If I get an all clear, I'll see what I can do to be there. I'm stuck in the wait and see mode. The only trip of any distance I am allowed to make is to my Nationals during Bike Week. My husband will be doing portrait work for my Sisters and will be taking the truck. It gives me a safety net if I get to worn out. He will ride my bike, while I drive the truck if I need to rest for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:26 pm

UPDATE

Lamartian wrote:Have you considered Marble Falls (Dogpatch)? They have a rally there in September other than that they don't do much.They may like the idea of an X'ers rally.Plus they have a bike shop on premisis.Camp grounds and motels are also close by. http://www.dogpatchbikerbash.com/motels_camping.htm

That looks promising too. I'll have to call around Monday and check prices for that time of year. Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:20 pm

Ok, Harrison is a bit too far North..and will still be cool in April.

There's plenty of places near Hot Springs and the National Forrest...we'll find a place that's a bit cheaper than Mountain Harbor.
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:33 pm

*************************************************************************************************************************

Here...here..... Little Rock area or just outside the city somewhere maybe westward, will be the best bet....still close enought to ride to Mena if any one wants to. Plus, great riding all around and still close enough to the big city of Little Rock to get anything we need. Great national forest area riding real close too.

I will start checking on things.... I don't think we can go wrong with this plan. It also looks like we will be staying at a smaller hotel chain and NOT a lodge to keep prices down. Any one with ideas for this area, just let us know.

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:15 pm

twin1300 wrote:*************************************************************************************************************************

Here...here..... Little Rock area or just outside the city somewhere maybe westward, will be the best bet....still close enought to ride to Mena if any one wants to. Plus, great riding all around and still close enough to the big city of Little Rock to get anything we need. Great national forest area riding real close too.

I will start checking on things.... I don't think we can go wrong with this plan. It also looks like we will be staying at a smaller hotel chain and NOT a lodge to keep prices down. Any one with ideas for this area, just let us know.

................bobby

Looks like Twin wants to head to Hot Springs now, shouldn't be that far of a ride for ya Toasted to find a motel/hotel we can....um...... stay at.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down