Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car tire on a Valkyrie

5 posters

Go down

Car tire on a Valkyrie Empty Car tire on a Valkyrie

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:19 am

http://www.valkyrieriders.com/shoptalk/CarTire/home.htm
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Car tire on a Valkyrie Empty Car tire on a Valk

Post  Silverhawx Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:04 am

I would like to know where in Colorado Springs, Colorado I can get a car tire mounted on my Valk rim.
Thanks, Rolling Eyes

Silverhawx

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Car tire on a Valkyrie Empty Re: Car tire on a Valkyrie

Post  Six Guns Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:14 pm

Silverhawx wrote:I would like to know where in Colorado Springs, Colorado I can get a car tire mounted on my Valk rim.
Thanks, Rolling Eyes

Most Honda shops won't do it for liabilty reasons. Call around Colorado Springs and ask small motorcycle shops if they will mount a car tire on a motorcycle rim and I'm sure you will find one. That's what I did in Fort Worth, Texas. Good Luck in your search.

Very Happy

Six Guns

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack G Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:06 am

Same here. I haven't had problem finding someone but have always gone to independent shops.
Jack G
Jack G

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Back to top Go down

Car tire on a Valkyrie Empty new darkside rider

Post  mustang071965 Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:05 pm

just installed a general altimax hp 205/60/16 on my valkyrie interstate last weekend. my local goodyear shop did the job very willingly. they have two tecs there who also ride and have car tires on there bikes. very empressed with the tire. had avon cobra on rear, only lasted 1 season. read and researched this subject greatly. and decided to cross over. my father likes the tire to. he maybe crossing over next season on his gl1800. slow speeds no issues, i have my landing gear down when ever im under 5mph any way in parking lots. hwy the tire tides great. the ruts whe have down here in se ark are no proublem to the tire actually seams to take them better. turns both slow and fast the tire sticks and you can feel it back there doing its job. rides smothly and does not wake my wife up, when she snozes on trips ha. very quiet. in fact no noise at all. running 38psi at moment still testing. just wanted to say thanks to all there that posted there thoughts on the matter. will let ya know later how the ride to grand canyon went.

mustang071965

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down