Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about Dyna Beads.

+7
Larry Simpson
Steve-O
simpleman77
jedishon
starider
smokey2255
Badmoon
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question about Dyna Beads. Empty Question about Dyna Beads.

Post  Badmoon Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:57 am

If you use soap to seat your tire. Wont the soap mess with the beads after they are installed. Or is there a down time so to say about leaving the tire and rim sit for a while so as the soap can dry out or what?
Going Dark soon.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Question about Dyna Beads. Empty Re: Question about Dyna Beads.

Post  smokey2255 Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:32 pm

Moon, if the tire is mounted properly there is not enough soap in the tire to make a difference. Put the beads in when mounting all is good.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks Smokey.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:45 pm

You're welcome, my ugly brother Very Happy Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Question about Dyna Beads. Empty Dyna Beads

Post  starider Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:51 pm

I balanced my wheel and tire myself and it to 28 grams of lead weight to get it just right. Now I'm wondering just how many beads that would take to get the same balance and just how would one know without GUESSING how many I needed. Whats the scientific formula Dyna Beads use? Cool
starider
starider

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:33 am

starider wrote:I balanced my wheel and tire myself and it to 28 grams of lead weight to get it just right. Now I'm wondering just how many beads that would take to get the same balance and just how would one know without GUESSING how many I needed. Whats the scientific formula Dyna Beads use? Cool

innovative balancing says a 205 car tire on a motorcycle requires 3 oz's. http://www.innovativebalancing.com/chart.htm#MotorcycleChart
I have a little more in mine, but am using 2 oz's in the front and so far there isn't any thing to complain about.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  starider Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 am

Thank you for looking it up but as I said it seems the dyna bead thing is strictly guess work.
If the tire and wheel isnt dynamic or static balanced then it's guess work. Right? I mean how can you look at a tire and wheel and say 4 oz? Or look it up in a book as well? I smell something here and it aint burnt rubber.
I remember reading an add once the said if you remove your spark plugs and drop some of thier magic pellets into the cylinders the pellets would rebuild your engine as you drove your car. The human mind is easily fooled isnt it?
I believe this, If it using it make you feel good then buy it.
starider
starider

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:36 pm

starider wrote:Thank you for looking it up but as I said it seems the dyna bead thing is strictly guess work.
If the tire and wheel isnt dynamic or static balanced then it's guess work. Right? I mean how can you look at a tire and wheel and say 4 oz? Or look it up in a book as well? I smell something here and it aint burnt rubber.
I remember reading an add once the said if you remove your spark plugs and drop some of thier magic pellets into the cylinders the pellets would rebuild your engine as you drove your car. The human mind is easily fooled isnt it?
I believe this, If it using it make you feel good then buy it.

As I understand Dynabeads, they rebalance the tire each time that it rolls. I would guess that they disperse throughout the tire, not all at one point within. I don't know much about them, just that they are working on both of my tires.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 pm

I manually balance my tires with sticky weights initially. After 500 miles I put the dynabeads in. any liquid will cause the beads to clump up.....now this has never been proven as far as I know, but that's the logic that I follow. Waiting for the liquid to evaporate has worked for me.

3oz in back and 2oz in front for my bike.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  starider Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:19 pm

Still, no one has written that they actually check the wheels balance dynamically AFTER putting the beads in to see if it ACTUALLY works.
I understand the principal of the thing and dont dispute that it wont work but it's just guess work if you dont spin balance the wheel.
starider
starider

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:36 pm

starider wrote:Still, no one has written that they actually check the wheels balance dynamically AFTER putting the beads in to see if it ACTUALLY works.
I understand the principal of the thing and dont dispute that it wont work but it's just guess work if you dont spin balance the wheel.

I understand what you're saying. I guess you could say that I dynamically balance my tires by feel every time that I ride. Other than that. I don't worry about it.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Back to top Go down

Question about Dyna Beads. Empty RE QUESTIONS ABOUT DYNA BEADS

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:44 pm

It was just guess work when we thought a CT might work,that has turned out pretty well,I think I will stick with the technology of the dyna beads that also works well no matter how we got there. lol! lol! lol!
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  starider Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Very scientific guys. Im impressed by your sticking to your beliefs.
Some guys who buy loud pipes for thier bike and rejet thier carbs actually think they gain more power. Louder means more power? Only a Dynometer knows for sure. I have seen some guys who were blown away after buying stuff the really believed enhanced thier bike only to learn quite the oppisite when shown the proof.
Why dont one of you dyna believers take your front wheel down to a bike shop and have them spin up the tire with your beads in them. Then honestly let us know the true results. Please.
starider
starider

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:45 am

starider wrote:Very scientific guys. Im impressed by your sticking to your beliefs.
Some guys who buy loud pipes for thier bike and rejet thier carbs actually think they gain more power. Louder means more power? Only a Dynometer knows for sure. I have seen some guys who were blown away after buying stuff the really believed enhanced thier bike only to learn quite the oppisite when shown the proof.
Why dont one of you dyna believers take your front wheel down to a bike shop and have them spin up the tire with your beads in them. Then honestly let us know the true results. Please.

Well, don't have loud pipes. Do have a car tire. Know that it works better because it FEELS better when I ride. Guess what? No scientific studies to back me up! Shocked I TRUST my abilities and my riding skill to tell me that a car tire is better than a m/t.

I use the same lack of scientific studies to tell me that Dynabeads work very well also. I put them in and, guess what?, no bouncy tires :cyclops: Don't need a scientist in a lab or a tire balancing machine to tell me that my bike rides just fine. My abilities and riding skill work just fine for that. Its not something nebulous like a horsepower gain or better airflow into the carb or smoother ride because I used a different lube on my drive chain. It really does FEEL better.

So, Starider, riddle me this, if you feel that Dynabeads aren't the real thing, that they don't work because there are no scientific studies to back them up, why do YOU run a car tire on your bike? Do you BELIEVE that it is better? Or do you have some scientific study in your back pocket that tells you that it is better?

If you are so determined to PROVE that Dynabeads don't work, why don't YOU do the test? affraid Me, I'll just BELIEVE that they do based on my skill and riding experience (oh, and the fact that they do work cheers ).

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Back to top Go down

Post  starider Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:25 pm

You say Dyna beads work because you think they do. I say they work if you spin balance the tire so you know how many beads to put in there. I say it's guess work otherwise. Now this has nothing to do with a car tire. lol!
starider
starider

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:41 pm

starider wrote:You say Dyna beads work because you think they do.

Noooooooo...I say that they work because they do. They work according to the amounts that the company recommends to put into the tire. No guesswork about it. No spin balancing required. 🤡 🤡 🤡
simpleman77
simpleman77

Back to top Go down

Post  starider Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:57 pm

O, OK then. Your right. You win. You da man. Enjoy your rides. Peace be with you. Alla praise you. God bless you. ,,,,I'm done with this now. Doesnt mean a thing to me. Cool
starider
starider

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:22 am

This is a hard concept to grasp, but Dynabeads do not actually "balance" a tire. They work by counterbalancing occillations that occur as a tire rotates on the road surface, eventually canceling them out and continue to do so as you drive by centripetal force. A spin balancer can not duplicate these conditions, so they are useless in evaluating whether Dynabeads "work" or not. Also comparisons of weight requirements are inaccurate, because Dynabeads work by being distributed at the center of the outside circumference of the tire and not on the inside or outside rim of the wheel. The physics involved in the difference of these locations significantly changes the weight requirements of the two products.

I have ridden about 10,000 miles so far with Dynabeads and can assure you, if you follow Innovative Balancing's directions they work very well.
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  starider Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 am

Wow, thats about the most intelligent bullsh-t I have read about the dyna beads. I'm done with this magic bead thing. It's fine with me if the world want to go with this product. I'll stick with what I know works. lol!
starider
starider

Back to top Go down

Question about Dyna Beads. Empty re dyna beads

Post  Larry Simpson Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 am

YOU JUST CAN'T FIX STUPID, I AM GUESSING THE CAR TIRE ISN'T THE ONLY THING THAT GOT YOU KICKED OFF YOUR RIDDING CLUB lol! lol! lol!
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Starider
Have you been to the Innovative Balancing web site? If you take the time to do some research and let the experts themselves explain it to you, You might not have such a chitty outlook on things.
What the folks here are saying that the beads work well on there bike. I’m sayin it too. But if you don’t trust it, by no means do it. Everyone on this board has stepped out of the norm and found something that they like or dislike. This is an informative board with tons of experience to be handed out and received. Take what you want and leave what you want. We are just trying to help those that want it. We also don’t give a rats a$$ if you use it or not.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  starider Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I dont giv a rats ass if you use it either. I thought I made that clear earlier.
starider
starider

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Hey Moon, what amount of Dynabeads do you use in your tires? I use 8 pounds in the front and 14 pounds in the rear. I feel like the more that I use, the stronger the magic that makes the tire round. Razz Razz Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing
simpleman77
simpleman77

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:21 pm

Boy, someone here has a stick in his butt for sure. I guess we have to have at least one askhole on the board and I thought I was it. Now I feel violated.

I am only running 2.5 oz in the back and 2 oz in the front.

When I had my tire mounted I had not received the beads yet. I went ahead and had the stealer balance the wheel and tire. Only took 1/4 oz to make it ride right (balanced) with the stick on weight they used. After about 2500 miles I felt a little shake and I popped off the weight and added the beads. I was gonna put the recommended amount (3 oz) in it, but I spilled (I'm guessin) about a half oz on the floor. It has been spot on and I have now over 8,000 on the tire and it still rides smooth as glass.

That is the difference with having the MC tire checked for balance. They were used up about the time you needed to recheck the balance. Maybe this is a contributor to the reason that MC tires are such a POS. Just guessin though. Donno.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc Rogers Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:44 am

Here is all you need to know about dynabeads:

How much DynaBeads should I use?
How do DynaBeads work?

Starider, just because you don't understand the concept of how it works that doesn't mean it is anyone elses' responsibility to teach you. Which also means you have no right to be such an a$$ to people who were volunteering to help you.

Feel free to use the links above to help yourself, or not.

If you go to the DynaBeads website (aka Innovative Balancing) they tell you how much to put in each tire based on their test results.
Doc Rogers
Doc Rogers

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next