Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dinner in Dallas

5 posters

Go down

Dinner in Dallas Empty Dinner in Dallas

Post  ttexastim Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:25 pm

The Shadow Darksiders are getting together on either April 29, April 30, or May 1 for dinner. Now that it is getting darker later, do you think we'd have time for a ride darkside shadow? You are the guy who knows all the routes and the safest ways to navigate them. Very Happy

I'm posting this here to get some feedback on which night would be best for everyone. We'd love it if some of you VTX Dallas guys wanted to come as well.

Let's ride!!!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Dinner in Dallas Empty Re: Dinner in Dallas

Post  Steve-O Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:49 am

My vote is for the 30th. I know a route that will take you back to 380. There's a BBQ joint along the way too. kinda out of the way for Darkside-Shadow, but most all of my routes are on the north side of Dallas. We'll get his input. It will be good to see you again.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:16 pm

Tim and Steve-O... the 30th sounds great and the ride you want to go on will be fine and by the way.... There's NO ride out there that is out of my way!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Let's Ride!
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:48 pm

The 30th sounds great. I'm looking forward to this!!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Unless I get a job and have to work for a living I'm game, just need the basics, time, place. If I don't run into you then there's always the Hico Pie run.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Not sure if you guys wanted to eat AND ride, or just Eat and Greet.

If we ATE and Rode, I recommend we meet to the Valley View Mall Parking lot around 4 or 5 (latest). Head to St. Paul Texas, which is west side of Lake Lavon. There's a little BBQ joint over there. We can eat and Greet there, then ride a bit afterward. There's some nice roads that go to 380, which is on Tim's way home. Dave could ride with Tim and head down 34 at Greenville or take off from St. Paul.

I don't know of any "Bike Nights" at any local restaurants. Sonic has one on Tuesday's methinks, and Hooters is Thursday.

If we just want to eat and greet, there is Chili's at Preston and LBJ, or we can try somewhere different in Addison. Plenty to pick from there.

I'm game to do whatever.

cerooth , you are from Grand Prairie. You are welcome to join us whatever we decide.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:31 pm

Just following up.

I vote we do what Steve-O suggested, since none of us came up with anything else. Smile Where is valley view mall? We could plan on meeting there at 5PM.

This is going to be fun. Tomorrow I will have to shine up the bike so she looks purty. Smile

See y'all Wednesday.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:41 pm

Dangit, I'm gonna have to miss this one, just been told I have plans made without my knowledge. Most of you understand that already (married folk), but here's the kicker, I'm not married. tongue
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:21 am

View Larger Map

Here is Valley View mall (map is clickable). It's at the corner of LBJ and Preston (289). If you note the circle drive around the mall, let's meet at the SE corner, on the loop, closest to Preston and LBJ. That area should be pretty vacant. This is close to David, and I think it's on the way home for Tim as well.

We'll meet at 5, then head to St. Paul Texas. There's a little BBQ joint we should hit around 6. After dinner, there's a couple ways back up to 380 that should be a nice ride. Weather should be perfect.

See you guys at 5!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:08 am

Awesome Steve.

Tomorrow at 5PM at the SE corner of Valley View Mall. I'm excited. The ride in today wasn't bad at all. The weather is great!! Calling any other riders in Dallas that want to join us!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:51 am

Minor change of plans. David can meet and eat at 5:30 at Chili's (Preston and LBJ).
Tim and I and whoever else will ride afterward.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:12 am

Sounds good. Chili's at 5:30.

I will probably get out of training around 4:30. What is there to do in Addisson for 1 hour. Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:54 am

There's Hooters and a sports bar called Champs on Belt Line, near Inwood. I can meet you earlier at Chili's and we can order some appetizers and cokes while we wait for David.

There is a honda dealer at 635 and Greenville ave that is worth a trip, but I don't think you can get over there and back in an hour. Can't think of any bike dealers/shops in the neighborhood. Might want to google it though.

Call me if you want to meet earlier. I'll PM you my cell number just in case.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu May 01, 2008 7:50 am

Had a good time seeing you guys again. We need to do this every time Tim comes to town. Lot's to catch up on.

Iron butt ride coming up! Let's come up with a primary and alternate date for the event. If we are going to Omaha, it needs to be before it get's too cold.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu May 01, 2008 7:59 am

Dang guys.....you leading me down this path ...."we meeting in Dallas".

NO PICS???????????? Shocked

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Thu May 01, 2008 8:29 am

We look about like we did two months ago! No cameras, no pics. I didn't think about it till I got to work. Oh Well!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 am

I totally forgot my camera. Too bad too cuz David's custom lowers look great, Steve's lowers are very cool (Never seen anyone with black ones before), and (I don't mind bragging) my bike looks sweet too with all the mods for the year

Wish you could of made it cerooth, but we understand!! Smile A happy girl means a happy life!!

I can't wait for iron butt. This is going to be fun. For those wondering what we're talking about ... the 3 of us are going to take a 1500 mile trip in 36 hours to get our first 2 levels of iron butt done with. David has all the information on it. If y'all are nice ... we'll open it up to more then just the shadow guys. LOL. Sounds awesome!

Remember ... we don't have to get together just every 2 months when I come to town. Let's plan some rides while it's still spring. Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 pm

Right now I have a potential job lined up that would be really nice for me since it means having some kind of income again. I'm looking at around 50-70 hours a week though and a must to work on Saturdays. Might put my plans in jeopardy since next Saturday I have a Benefit Run for a fellow Marine/brother in my club and the Saturday after that is the Hico Pie run. I think it'd be rather poor of me to plan an event and not show up for it, but if I get the job, then I'll have to work unless I can finesse my boss to let me off. Seeing on how I live 4 miles from the place and they live 45 it'd be more then likely that I'll be the one on call if something happens.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down