Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

high speed alittle squirrly.

3 posters

Go down

high speed alittle squirrly.  Empty high speed alittle squirrly.

Post  unimax Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Over all I love the feel of this new tire 195/55/16 btsone potenza. I did notice north of 110mph it feels a little" floaty" for lack of a better word. 36psi. for now. Im not at that speed alot , but I want it to be there if I feel the need. Any thoughts? P.S. only have 130 miles on this tire.

unimax

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

high speed alittle squirrly.  Empty Re: high speed alittle squirrly.

Post  quadancer Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:52 pm

Can't speak for the tire, but if no one else chimes in, I'd say you should try some speed runs in 2 lb. increments and see what is stable. It's
possible that no pressure will fix it too. Keep in mind that your primary goal for the tire is handling, since you don't ride at 110.
I'm betting more pressure will be the cure, but at the cost of following ruts and grooves, unless...you hit it before putting on enough pressure to
cause that.
I'm riding a tire that I have to have "too much" pressure in to lessen a high speed wobble. The way I deal with tracking on our grooved interstate
is to ignore it. I know that the bike isn't gonna DO anything, or GO anywhere but where I point it. It's just a nuisance, and the grooves only go
for a few miles anyway.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Fly Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 am

Same issue for me on my Concours. Tire pressure greatly affects the speed where the rear end starts to wobble. The lower the tire pressure, the lower speed where it starts to move side to side, although 90MPH is the slowest speed it occurs. For long trips on interstates, I bump up the air pressure in case there are instances where I might travel faster.
Fly
Fly
crazy person

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://vulcanriders.us/forum

Back to top Go down

high speed alittle squirrly.  Empty The pros outweigh the cons

Post  unimax Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:46 pm

I,ll try the high pressure for long trips. I gotta sat I went on an 80 mile run with
the wife yesterday and it was sooo comfortable.I'm sticking with the darkside!

unimax

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  quadancer Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:41 pm

BTW, I put Ride-On in my problematic tire and it helped a bit, raising the speed where the problems start. Used 16 oz.
quadancer
quadancer

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2010-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down