Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GL1500 Dunlop Mount

3 posters

Go down

GL1500 Dunlop Mount Empty GL1500 Dunlop Mount

Post  svorn Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:36 am

Hi guys. New to the forum, ready to take the step into car tires. I'm ready to order the Dunlop Run Flat that fits the rear of the 1500. My dealer has shop rates cut in half for the winter, so I was just going to take my bike in to have them do the tires and timing belts. Question I have for you that have installed the Dunlop run flat on your 1500; if the dealer has the lift with the removable plate so they can drop the tire, will the Dunlop fit right back in there, or do you have to remove the bags and/or framework for the bags to fit it in there? That may change the price from $40 to $200 if they have to do alot of removal.

svorn

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down

GL1500 Dunlop Mount Empty Re: GL1500 Dunlop Mount

Post  Doc Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:56 am

Welcome
Not positive but I believe it fits right on in.
You maybe will have to deflate it to make it easier.

Good Luck thumbup
Doc
Doc
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Fudd Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:46 pm

00 Doc wrote: Welcome
Not positive but I believe it fits right on in.
You maybe will have to deflate it to make it easier.

Good Luck thumbup

It'll fit right in. Just make sure the dealer services the rear end correctly. 3 o-rings to change, molygrease on splines, don't forget the pinion cup. Tighten (torque) the four nuts holding the pumpkin AFTER the axel. That will insure proper seating of the splines. CAUTION: some shops don't know how to do it properly. If you need more info about what I'm talking about, jump over to the VRCC site.

I'd run 40 psi for the first 500 or 1000 miles, then reduce pressure a couple lbs at a time until you get the best ride.

You'll love it. A car tire is a good match for the Valkyrie
Fudd
Fudd

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down