Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Moderators Have been Found.

+4
Encinoman
Mad Meteor
DS-Wing-Nut
Toasted_311
8 posters

Go down

New Moderators Have been Found. Empty New Moderators Have been Found.

Post  Toasted_311 Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:21 am

Ok...since Twin, Smokey nor I have a Goldwing we'd like a GW owner to help moderate the GW tech section.

Any takers? PM one of us.

Thanks
joe King

************************************************************************************************************************

VTX DARKSIDERS FORUM Disclaimer.... Any modification or advice you read, do, imitate, modify, or copy that is posted or implied is just that! And you do any modification from a topic, post, or advice you have read or that is implied on this forum, you do so willing and at your own risk.

Thank you...."The moderators of Darkside"

************************************************************************************************************************

Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Moderators Have been Found. Empty Re: New Moderators Have been Found.

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:02 pm

PM sent to both...
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Meteor Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:34 am

Okay, It looks like Rocky and I are the two newest moderators. Good luck to both of us. We'll be monitoring this board and trying to help out where we can.

I'm on my second car tire, a run-flat Continental ContiProConctact 205/55R16 @ 28-30 PSI that I have put a little over 18000 miles on. It is just about due for replacement. My first car tire was a Toyo Proxes T1R 195/55R16 non run-flat @ 30 PSI. I can tell you that in my experience a run-flat is the way to go . Having said that I wouldn't be disappointed if the only tire I could use was the Toyo. I got 20,000 trouble free miles out it. In general I have found that a car tire has more traction than a motorcycle tire in all conditions, period. They will give a softer ride for more miles with more confidence than a motorcycle tire and provide better low speed handling. They do have an increased tendency to follow ruts or provide steering inputs over irregularities in the road but in my opinion that is a minor characteristic and most riders soon get used to it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Welcome to the Darkside.
Mad Meteor
Mad Meteor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

New Moderators Have been Found. Empty New Moderator!

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Howdy Everyone! I'm glad to be a part of this site and I will do my best to help and participate every day. Let me know if I can help anyone or answer any questions.

Thanks!

David W.
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Encinoman Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Rocky and Mad Meteor,
Congrats on your moderatorships!!!!
Hope all goes well.
If you need anything just holler I'll be here.

Ray (encinoman)
Encinoman
Encinoman

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:38 am

Congrats to all the guys who stepped up to the plate! Make it your own fellas and have fun!.... Very Happy

Always treat our members like you want to be treated and remember what's it's like to picked on....on another site! All members are welcome here as long as they don't belittle or slander someone to get there point across!

......................................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:43 am

Thanks Bobby..I for one am looking forward to a new fresh board to "just" swap info with guys who are only interested in what we Darksiders are running on our bikes..

Swapping of information is what this Darksider likes to do... Cool
Rocky
Rocky

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Rocky wrote:Thanks Bobby..I for one am looking forward to a new fresh board to "just" swap info with guys who are only interested in what we Darksiders are running on our bikes..

Now you are someone who understands the Darkside. Oh, yea! Have you ever seen my durometer research on here as to why the car tire works so well?

.........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mad Meteor Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:52 pm

twin1300, where is your durometer testing posted? I'd be interested in reading it.

How can I set it up so my signature is always shown with out having to click on it every time?
Mad Meteor
Mad Meteor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:13 pm

Mad Meteor wrote:twin1300, where is your durometer testing posted? I'd be interested in reading it.

How can I set it up so my signature is always shown with out having to click on it every time?

Here's the link! Look under reason no. 5 and you will see my durometer link! Enjoy!

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/general-discussion-f6/not-a-stupid-questionwhy-a-car-tire-t396.htm

Go to your profile, third option from the left is signature. It should be in there! Let me know if you still got problems.

..........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocky Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 pm

twin1300 wrote:
Rocky wrote:Thanks Bobby..I for one am looking forward to a new fresh board to "just" swap info with guys who are only interested in what we Darksiders are running on our bikes..

Now you are someone who understands the Darkside. Oh, yea! Have you ever seen my durometer research on here as to why the car tire works so well?

.........................bobby

Thanks Bobby.I just saved that link..I'll use that info later on some of the Naysayers with helmets on if you know what I mean..LOl
Rocky
Rocky

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:30 am

Awesome....Glad I could help! I did the original test just for me, because I didn't understand why it worked so good, and then I posted I went to the darkside....... Laughing All hell broke loose!..hehehe So, I decided to document the data for the morons that drink the coolaid, who think motorcycle tires are softer!

........................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:53 am

Congrats to both of you, Rocky and Mad Meteor. Nice to see familiar names on this here board. Some good stuff goes on here, and it is a friendly kinda place. Semper-fi

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Mad Meteor wrote:Okay, It looks like Rocky and I are the two newest moderators. Good luck to both of us. We'll be monitoring this board and trying to help out where we can.

I'm on my second car tire, a run-flat Continental ContiProConctact 205/55R16 @ 28-30 PSI that I have put a little over 18000 miles on. It is just about due for replacement. My first car tire was a Toyo Proxes T1R 195/55R16 non run-flat @ 30 PSI. I can tell you that in my experience a run-flat is the way to go . Having said that I wouldn't be disappointed if the only tire I could use was the Toyo. I got 20,000 trouble free miles out it. In general I have found that a car tire has more traction than a motorcycle tire in all conditions, period. They will give a softer ride for more miles with more confidence than a motorcycle tire and provide better low speed handling. They do have an increased tendency to follow ruts or provide steering inputs over irregularities in the road but in my opinion that is a minor characteristic and most riders soon get used to it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.

Welcome to the Darkside.

What an acceptance speech. You go head wit yourself. Congrats and May you days be full of the Darkside. Use the force.
Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down