Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What models of Valk are there?

5 posters

Go down

What models of Valk are there? Empty What models of Valk are there?

Post  Steve-O Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:47 am

There is a tourer, and interstate, and a plain one I think. Models were from 1996 to 2002 I believe. Considering getting one.

I think the tourers had the larger gas tank (6.2 gal) I think. The interstate had the fairing and full dresser stuff.

What other differences where there between models?
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

What models of Valk are there? Empty Re: What models of Valk are there?

Post  Steve-O Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 pm

6.9 on the interstate and 5.3 on the others. Anyone know if the 6.9 gal tanks can be bought to be put on a tourer?

Pretty comprehensive site here:
http://www.valkyrienorway.com/Interstate%20NEW.html

I didn't realize how few were made of each model. 1997 to 2003 and interstates and tourers were not made all years.

Do all Valks have throttle locks or cruise controls?
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  X Ring Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Valkyrie Standards were made '97-'03 with a 5.3 gallon tank.
Valkyrie Tourers were made '97-'01. Honda added hard bags and a windshield to the Standard.
Valkyrie Interstates were made '99-01. They came with a fairing, radiator pods, 6.9 gallon tank, electronic fuel gauge, hard bags, trunk and a radio/intercom. Some also came with lights in the pods and a cb. I'm sure there are other differences but as I don't own an I/S, I don't know.

None came with a throttle lock or cruise.

The I/S tank can be retrofitted to the Standards and Tourers; however, you if you get it without the fuel gauge sending unit, you have to install a block off plate to cover the hole in the bottom of the tank. In addition, you have to use an I/S seat because the I/S tank is longer than the Standard/Tourer tank and the I/S seat has a shorter nose to accomodate it.

Marty
X Ring
X Ring

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonysax Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I have a 1998 Tourer. I put bought an Interstate tank off Ebay 6.9 gal. You have to buy a sending unit to patch the hole on the tank (tourer doesn't have a gas guage). Instead of hitting reserve at 110 miles, it go till 150-160 miles to reserve. I love the extra range, Valks aren't gas sippers with 6 CARBS.... Laughing
Tonysax
Tonysax

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewmaster Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:49 pm

Standard, Tourer, Interstate and Rune. Yes the Rune is actually a "Valkyrie Rune".

I run an Interstate tank on my Tourer with the sending unit still there. I kept the Tourer seat and it's fine. I haven't picked up a fuel gauge yet but I have a couple that I'm looking at.

Kelvin

Brewmaster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  roadhamr Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 am

actually the standard you refer to is actually called the custom. the 4 models are the custom, tour, interstate and rune. thumbup
roadhamr
roadhamr

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Brewmaster Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 am

Actually - No. It was the Standard.

excerpt from Wikipedia: On introduction in 1997, a naked Standard and a Tourer model were offered. The Tourer included a windshield and lockable hard saddlebags.
In 1999, the Interstate model was added to the lineup, which included a fork-mounted fairing along with a trunk at the rear of the motorcycle.
As sales eventually dwindled, the Interstate and Tourer models were dropped after 2001, leaving only the Standard model remaining. 2003 saw the Standard offered only in black and was the last year of the original Valkyrie.

Brewmaster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down